Thursday, June 13, 2024

DD International

Over 14,700 killed in ongoing Palestine-Israel conflict

November 21, 2023 9:52 AM IST

Hamas | Israel attack | Gaza conflict

The death toll from the ongoing Palestine-Israel conflict has exceeded 14,700, according to official data released by both sides.

Hamas’ media office said on Monday that more than 13,300 people in the Gaza Strip have been killed since the conflict erupted on Oct 7, including more than 5,600 children and more than 3,550 women.

In the West Bank, more than 215 people had been killed in the conflict as of Sunday night, with more than 2,800 others injured, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.

On the Israeli side, government data show that around 1,200 people have lost their lives.

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said on Monday that at least 1.7 million people have been displaced within Gaza due to the ongoing conflict.

Nearly 900,000 displaced people are sheltering in at least 154 installations of the UN Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA), according to the UN office.

A spokesperson for the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) said on Monday its forces had besieged Hamas fighters in eastern areas of Gaza City.

Also on the day, Israel launched air strikes on multiple infrastructures of Hamas, including weapons depots, anti-tank missile launch sites, and observation posts.

The Palestinian health authority in Gaza said in a statement on Monday that Israeli forces attacked an Indonesian hospital in northern Gaza, killing at least 12 people and injuring dozens.

According to reports by multiple Palestinian media outlets, the hospital has been surrounded by Israeli tanks, and there are more than 200 medical workers, 500 plus patients and over 2,000 displaced people in it.

There was no immediate response on this matter from the Israeli side.

Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, said on Monday that it continued to exchange fire with the Israeli forces at Rantisi Hospital in Gaza.

According to The Times of Israel, a barrage of rockets hit several places in central Israel on Monday night, and Al-Qassam Brigades has claimed responsibility for the attack.

SOURCE:
REUTERS

Copyright © 2024 DD India. All rights reserved

Visitors: 1192681

Last updated on: 13th June 2024